(Last Updated 3 months by Dianne Gama)
Swimming is a great way to stay active and cool during the summer months, but for plus size women, finding the right swimsuit can be a challenge. It’s important to feel comfortable and confident in your swimwear, so you can enjoy your time in the water without worrying about your appearance. In this blog post, we’ll explore where to shop for affordable plus size swimwear and what to look for in a swimsuit that flatters your curves.
Where to Shop:
When it comes to shopping for plus size swimwear, there are several options to choose from. Many retailers now offer plus size options, both in-store and online. Some popular options include Know Fashion Style Lane Bryant, Torrid, ASOS Curve, and Swimsuits for All. Online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay can also be great places to find affordable plus size swimwear. When shopping for swimwear online, be sure to check the sizing chart and read customer reviews to ensure a good fit.
What to Look For:
When shopping for plus size swimwear, it’s important to look for styles that flatter your body type. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Support: Look for swimsuits with built-in support, like underwire or molded cups, to provide lift and enhance your curves.
- Coverage: If you’re self-conscious about your stomach, look for swimsuits with tummy control or ruching to smooth out your midsection. For more coverage, consider a one-piece or tankini.
- Fabric: Look for swimsuits made from stretchy and durable fabrics, like spandex or nylon, that can withstand chlorine and sun exposure.
- Style: Don’t be afraid to try different styles, like high-waisted bottoms or halter tops, to see what looks best on your body type.
- Color and Pattern: Dark colors and small prints can be slimming, while bright colors and bold prints can draw attention to your favorite features.
Shopping for plus size swimwear can be a challenge, but with the right tips and tricks, you can find a swimsuit that makes you feel comfortable and confident. Look for styles that flatter your body type, provide support and coverage, and are made from durable fabrics. And remember, the most important thing is to have fun in the water and embrace your curves.